A passionate, dedicated, hardworking and innovative cricket coach
I have developed effective relationships and credibility across areas of the cricket industry
A passionate, dedicated, hardworking and innovative cricket coach who is looking to bring his extensive knowledge and playing experience of One Day and Twenty20 cricket to the next generation of developing cricketers and cricket nations. Throughout my career I have developed exceptional qualities in people and team management and I am keen now to share these skills.
April 2011 – Present:
Founder and owner of Kevin O’Brien Cricket Academy
- Running specialised coaching clinics for clubs, schools, universities and individuals.
- Developing specific coaching plans that are player led and cater to the needs of the individual and club.
- Strong focus on bringing cricket to non-traditional areas of Ireland.
- Huge growth in outcomes of player and club performances after KOB Cricket Academy sessions.
April 2022 – Present:
Assistant head coach for the Italian National team.
- Helped prepare the national squad for 50 over competitions in Uganda and Jersey
- Planned and lead most of team training sessions
- Helped the National team qualify for the WT20 European WCQ to be held in 2023
- Actively involved in planning and preparing the squad for winter training sessions leading into the WCQ in July
- Working within the budget given to me from the Federation
February 2023 – Present:
Head coach of Pembroke Cricket Club pathway performance squads.
- Implementing a new training program for the pathway performance squads.
April - September 2021:
Assistant head coach to Leinster Lightning Bolts squad.
- Planned, along with the head coach, the weekly training sessions with emerging squad.
- Lead coach for fielding side of development program
April 2012 - Present:
Head coach and club director of cricket & development manager of Railway Union Cricket Club
- Head Coach of Railway Union first XI in Division 1 of Leinster League.
- Developed a new club culture and youth first policy throughout the clubs.
- Brought several new regular first team players through to the first team squad.
Assistant coach to Andy Flower for the Delhi Bulls in the Abu Dhabi T10 tournament
- Planned and assisted with the running of team sessions.
- Co-ordinated with Azhar Mahmood (bowling coach) on pre-tournament and pre game bowling plans and tactics.
- Reviewed and debriefed post-match analysis.
Assistant and fielding coach for the Northern Warriors in the Abu Dhabi T10 tournament
- Lead fielding coach.
- Planned and implemented team sessions regarding nets and skill sessions.
- Co-lead in batting and bowling meetings with an approach to fearless and attacking cricket